ST Microelectronics has launched variety of low cost Discovery boards to evaluate stm series of 8 bit and 32 bit Microcontrollers. On the same lines stm8s-discovery board halps you to discover the features of stm8s series of microcontrollers by ST Micro. Using this ~$8 board you can learn various features of associated microcontrollers, develop your own 8 bit control applications.
Even though the STM8S-DISCOVERY is built around an STM8S105C6T6, it allows evaluation of the main features of all the STM8S Access line MCUs. It includes an embedded debugger ST-Link, and a touch sensing button.
The STM8S-DISCOVERY simply plugs into a PC through a standard USB cable. Numerous applications are available from the STM8S-DISCOVERY web page at http://st.com/stm8s-discovery.
The stm8s-discovery comes into a beautiful blister package with getting started instructions printed on the backside of information leaflet. The tile of the leaflet says “Everything to discover the STM8S”.
- Embedded ST-Link for STM8S.
- USB Interface for debugging and programming.
- Capacitive Touch button to play with.
- STM8S105C6T6 microcontroller, 32 KB Flash, 2KB RAM, 1KB EEPROM
- Powered over USB, via a USB B type female connector.
- Selectable power supply option of 5V or 3V3.
- USER Led
- Extension header to all Input /Output lines.
- Prototyping area for user’s own applications.
- 16 pin SOIC to DIP provision in prototyping area.
- SWIM debug support.